Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Hutto in Williamson County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
 

Hutto Evangelical Lutheran Church

 
 
Hutto Evangelical Lutheran Church Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Keith Peterson
1. Hutto Evangelical Lutheran Church Marker
Inscription.  

Lutheran church services in Hutto can be traced to 1890, when ministers M. Noyd and Gustav Berglund of the Palm Valley Lutheran Church at Brushy (now Round Rock) conducted occasional services for the area's rapidly growing Swedish population. In 1892 August Swenson led a successful effort to organize the Hutto Evangelical Lutheran Church. The first church structure (1893) was destroyed by a tornado and replaced in 1894. In 1902 a third church building was constructed at this site and dedicated by the Rev. O. H. Sylvan. Church services were conducted in the Swedish language until 1940.
 
Erected 1993 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 9108.)
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical year for this entry is 1890.
 
Location. 30° 32.788′ N, 97° 32.688′ W. Marker is in Hutto, Texas, in Williamson County. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 402 Church St, Hutto TX 78634, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Hutto (approx. ¼ mile away); Hutto Lutheran Cemetery
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
(approx. 1.7 miles away); Hutto Cemetery (approx. 1.8 miles away); Hutto Baptist Church (approx. 2.2 miles away); Monodale Community (approx. 3 miles away); Major Robert McNutt (approx. 3.1 miles away); Shiloh-McCutcheon Cemetery (approx. 3.1 miles away); Klattenhoff House (approx. 3.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Hutto.
 
Also see . . .  Hutto Evangelical Lutheran Church. Williamson County Historical Commission (Submitted on March 13, 2018, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas.) 
 
Hutto Evangelical Lutheran Church - Side View image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Keith Peterson
2. Hutto Evangelical Lutheran Church - Side View
Hutto Evangelical Lutheran Church image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Keith Peterson
3. Hutto Evangelical Lutheran Church
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on November 29, 2020. It was originally submitted on December 18, 2007, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. This page has been viewed 1,097 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on December 18, 2007, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=4300

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
U.S. FTC REQUIRED NOTICE: This website earns income from purchases you make after using links to Amazon.com. Thank you.
Paid Advertisements
Mar. 1, 2024