Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Thrall in Williamson County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
 

St. John Lutheran Church

 
 
St. John Lutheran Church Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Keith Peterson, March 20, 2010
1. St. John Lutheran Church Marker
Inscription.  

St. John Lutheran Church dates to 1917, when area Lutherans joined with the Rev. Arthur E. Hartmann, pastor of St. Paul Lutheran Church (Taylor), to organize a new congregation. Members met in the public school and in homes until constructing a building here in 1921. The church has a long history of social service; one early project involved sending clothing to the needy in Europe following World War I. Membership grew steadily, especially in the 1930s and 1940s during the pastorate of the Rev. Willard Ander. The church built new facilities at this site in 1957 and today, St. John Lutheran Church continues to serve as a spiritual leader in the community of Thrall.
 
Erected 2007 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 13860.)
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical year for this entry is 1917.
 
Location. 30° 35.232′ N, 97° 17.869′ W. Marker is in Thrall, Texas, in Williamson County. Marker is on S. Main Street close to Electra, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map.
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
Marker is at or near this postal address: 409 S Main St, Thrall TX 76578, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Town of Thrall (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Site of New Bern Church, School, and Cemetery (approx. 3.4 miles away); Zion Lutheran Church Cemetery (approx. 3.9 miles away); Howard Bland, Sr. (approx. 4.6 miles away); a different marker also named St. John Lutheran Church (approx. 5.4 miles away); St. Paul Lutheran Church, School and Cemetery (approx. 5˝ miles away); Luther Stearns, Sr. (approx. 6.1 miles away); The Veterans of Taylor, Texas (approx. 6.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Thrall.
 
St. John Lutheran Church and Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Keith Peterson, March 20, 2010
2. St. John Lutheran Church and Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on November 29, 2020. It was originally submitted on March 20, 2010, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. This page has been viewed 744 times since then and 40 times this year. Last updated on June 1, 2011, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on March 20, 2010, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=43029

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Jun. 21, 2024