Paterson in Passaic County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
“The Dublin Spring Water Boy”
This monument was sculpted by Gaetano Federici in 1931. It was originally located at the southwest corner of Mill Street and Oliver Street to commemorate the Dublin Spring used by the Irish-American community during the 1800’s. It was moved to it’s present location in 1991 during the reconstruction of Oliver St.
Erected 1931 by Dublin Spring Association.
Location. 40° 54.807′ N, 74° 10.475′ W. Marker is in Paterson, New Jersey, in Passaic County. Marker is at the intersection of New Jersey Route 19 and Marshall Street, on the right when traveling north on State Route 19. Marker is best reached from the end of Oliver Street off Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Paterson NJ 07501, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Passaic County Court House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Federici Park (approx. ¼ mile away); Christopher Columbus Monument (approx. ¼ mile away); Rogers Works (approx. ¼ mile away); Senator Frank R. Lautenberg Transportation Opportunity Center Rogers Millwright Shop (approx. ¼ mile away); Site of the Passaic Paper Mill Flume (approx. ¼ mile away); “Lou’s On First” (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Paterson.
Categories. • Notable Places •
More. Search the internet for “The Dublin Spring Water Boy”.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 6, 2011, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 701 times since then and 73 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on June 6, 2011, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.