Big Bend in Waukesha County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Village of Big Bend
Erected 1990 by Waukesha County Historical Society. (Marker Number
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1837.
Location. 42° 52.658′ N, 88° 12.566′ W. Marker is in Big Bend, Wisconsin, in Waukesha County. Marker is at the intersection of Nevins Street and Milwaukee Avenue (County Road L), on the left when traveling east on Nevins Street. Mounted on the Village Hall building, to right of entrance. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: W230 S9185 Nevins St, Big Bend WI 53103, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Maney Ridge Prehistoric Effigy Mounds (approx. 0.8 miles away); Haseltine Cobblestone House (approx. 1.1 miles away); Town of Vernon (approx. 2 miles away); Dodges Corners Cemetery (approx. 2.2 miles away); The Reformed Presbyterian Church of Vernon (approx. 2.7 miles away); The Devil's Teapot (approx. 3˝ miles away); Old Muskego Town Hall (approx. 3.6 miles away); The Electric Interurban Muskego Centre Station (approx. 3.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Big Bend.
Credits. This page was last revised on August 21, 2020. It was originally submitted on November 15, 2010, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 1,619 times since then and 138 times this year. Last updated on June 20, 2011, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 21, 2020, by Linda Hansen of Waukesha, Wisconsin. 3. submitted on November 15, 2010, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.