Butler in Waukesha County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
George L. Clarke House
Erected 1997 by Waukesha County Historical Society Funded by the Butler Community Foundation, Inc. (Marker Number 03-01.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Notable Buildings • Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1850.
Location. Marker is missing. It was located near 43° 6.292′ N, 88° 4.369′ W. Marker was in Butler, Wisconsin, in Waukesha County. Marker was on West Hampton Avenue, half a mile west of U.S. 45, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker was at or near this postal address: 12810 W Hampton Ave, Butler WI 53007, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this location, Oak Hill Cemetery (approx. 1.3 miles away); Birthplace of the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod (approx. 2.9 miles away); City of Brookfield (approx. 3.3 miles away); Pioneer Cemetery (approx. 3˝ miles away); a different marker also named Oak Hill Cemetery (approx. 3.9 miles away); Revolutionary War Veteran (approx. 4 miles away); a different marker also named Revolutionary War Veteran (approx. 4.3 miles away); Milwaukee County Asylum Cemetery (approx. 4.4 miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on March 7, 2021. It was originally submitted on June 30, 2010, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 1,326 times since then and 199 times this year. Last updated on June 20, 2011, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on June 30, 2010, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. 4. submitted on March 7, 2021, by Jim Schaettle of Madison, Wisconsin. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.