Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Salisbury in Wicomico County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Johnson School-House Game Refuge

 
 
Johnson School-house Game Refuge Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By F. Robby, December 8, 2007
1. Johnson School-house Game Refuge Marker
Inscription.  175 acres, purchased May 25, 1926, from L. Atwood Bennett, attorney for mortgagee; from hunter’s license fund for the purpose of propagating game.
 
Erected by E. Lee Le’Compte, State Game Warden of Maryland.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Animals. A significant historical date for this entry is May 25, 1698.
 
Location. 38° 18.228′ N, 75° 30.003′ W. Marker is in Salisbury, Maryland, in Wicomico County. Marker is on Mt. Olive Road, 0.6 miles south of Johnson Road, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Salisbury MD 21804, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Fruited Trees and Vines (approx. 5 miles away); Wildfowl Blind (approx. 5.1 miles away); Dry Thickets (approx. 5.1 miles away); Beach and Birds (approx. 5.1 miles away); Open Pond (approx. 5.1 miles away); Welcome (approx. 5.1 miles away); Wooded Wetland (approx. 5.1 miles away); Waterside (approx. 5.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Salisbury.
 
Related markers.
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on January 12, 2020. It was originally submitted on December 26, 2007, by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 892 times since then and 8 times this year. Photo   1. submitted on December 26, 2007, by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=4388

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Apr. 20, 2024