Conley in DeKalb County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Stewart’s & Lee’s A.C. March to Lovejoy’s Sta.
Hardee was forced to withdraw to Lovejoy’s Sta. Sept. 1, where Stewart joined him on the 2nd. Lee, covering Stewart’s rear, followed him to Lovejoy’s on this road ~ arriving there Sept. 3d.
Erected 1956 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 044-61.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: War, US Civil. In addition, it is included in the Georgia Historical Society series list. A significant historical date for this entry is September 1, 1951.
Location. 33° 39.583′ N, 84° 20.183′ W. Marker is in Conley, Georgia, in DeKalb County. Marker is at the intersection of Moreland Avenue (U.S. 23) and Thurman Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Conley GA 30288, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Hardee’s March Turned N.E. on Fayetteville Road (approx. 2 miles away); Hardee Hall (approx. 2½ miles away); McIntosh Gate (approx. 2½ miles away); Hood Avenue (approx. 2½ miles away); Wheeler Drive (approx. 2½ miles away); Site: Cobb’s Mill (approx. 2.9 miles away); Hardee at Wm. Cobb’s House (approx. 2.9 miles away); Flankers Road (approx. 3 miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on July 3, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 738 times since then and 29 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on July 3, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.