East Liverpool in Columbiana County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Land Ordinance of 1785 / The Seven Ranges
Erected 2003 by Ohio Bicentennial Commission, The Marietta Chapter NSDAR, The Ohio Historical Society. (Marker Number 18-15.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Education • Native Americans • Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Former U.S. Presidents: #03 Thomas Jefferson, and the Ohio Historical Society / The Ohio History Connection series lists. A significant historical month for this entry is April 1784.
Location. 40° 38.547′ N, 80° 31.147′ W. Marker is in East Liverpool, Ohio, in Columbiana County. Marker is on Harvey Avenue (Ohio Route 39) 0.4 miles east of Bushwick Street, on the right when traveling east. Located at a roadside pull off at the Ohio/Pennsylvania state line. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: East Liverpool OH 43920, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 Gateway To The Northwest (here, next to this marker); Down The Ohio (a few steps from this marker in Pennsylvania); The Point of Beginning (a few steps from this marker in Pennsylvania); Beginning Point of the U. S. Public Land Survey (within shouting distance of this marker); The Sandy and Beaver Canal (approx. 0.4 miles away in Pennsylvania); First Paper Mill / Little Beaver Creek Bridge (approx. 0.9 miles away); Smiths Ferry (approx. 0.9 miles away in Pennsylvania); The Penna - Virginia Boundary (approx. 0.9 miles away in Pennsylvania). Touch for a list and map of all markers in East Liverpool.
Additional keywords. Community planning
Credits. This page was last revised on January 8, 2020. It was originally submitted on July 4, 2011, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 1,276 times since then and 46 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on July 4, 2011, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. 2. submitted on July 5, 2011, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. 3. submitted on July 4, 2011, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.