Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Fort Scott in Bourbon County, Kansas — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
 

Bank of Fort Scott

1886

— Fort Scott Historic District 1860 —

 
 
Bank of Fort Scott Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By William Fischer, Jr., June 18, 2011
1. Bank of Fort Scott Marker
Inscription.  Constructed, owned and operated by C.F. Drake as the Bank of Ft. Scott from 1886 to 1905. Later used as real estate, commercial & retail offices.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Industry & Commerce. A significant historical year for this entry is 1886.
 
Location. 37° 50.52′ N, 94° 42.346′ W. Marker is in Fort Scott, Kansas, in Bourbon County. Marker is on Wall Street near Main Street, on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Fort Scott KS 66701, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. C. F. Drake Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Welch, Badger & Co. Dry Goods Store (within shouting distance of this marker); Star Clothing House (within shouting distance of this marker); Gordon Parks (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Civil War Town (about 300 feet away); The Sites and People of Fort Scott (about 300 feet away); Fort Scott (about 300 feet away); Milrose Block (about 300 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fort Scott.
 
Also see . . .  Fort Scott Downtown Historic District National Register Nomination
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
. (Submitted on July 4, 2011, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
 
Former Bank of Fort Scott and Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By William Fischer, Jr., June 18, 2011
2. Former Bank of Fort Scott and Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on September 3, 2020. It was originally submitted on July 4, 2011, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 490 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on July 4, 2011, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=44165

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Apr. 21, 2024