Nyack in Rockland County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
First Reformed Church of Nyack
Ca. 1830 a group of local residents of Dutch Reformed faith began holding private religious services in Nyack. They built their first small church on this site in 1836 and in 1853 incorporated as The First Reformed Protestant Dutch Church of Nyack. The building was enlarged in 1851 and again in 1871. In 1901 the old structure was replaced by the present brick church with landmark bell and clock tower.
Erected by Historical Society of Rockland County.
Marker series. This marker is included in the New York, Historical Society of Rockland County marker series.
Location. 41° 5.415′ N, 73° 55.111′ W. Marker is in Nyack, New York, in Rockland County. Marker is at the intersection of S Broadway and Burd Street, on the right when traveling south on S Broadway. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Nyack NY 10960, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Nyack First Settlement (within shouting distance of this marker); Couch Court (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Memorial Park Bench by the Road: Cynthia Hesdra (about 700 feet away); Hopper House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Historic Underground Railroad (approx. 0.3 miles away); Carson McCullers (approx. 0.3 miles away); a different marker also named Historic Underground Railroad (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Nyack.
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
More. Search the internet for First Reformed Church of Nyack.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 5, 2011, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 578 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on July 5, 2011, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.