Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Hephzibah in Richmond County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
 

Hephzibah Methodist Church

»—→

 
 
Hephzibah Methodist Church Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Mike Stroud, 2011
1. Hephzibah Methodist Church Marker
Inscription.  The Brothersville Methodist Church was organized in March 1852 in the community of Brothersville to serve the fifteen families living there. The building completed in 1853, was dedicated in 1854 by Bishop George Pierce. In 1890 the church was moved a short distance to the village of Hephzibah and later the name was changed to the Hephzibah Methodist Church. Many outstanding citizens have gone from its ranks to other communities. Among them are Rev. Milton Anthony Clark, for thirty years a missionary to the Indians in Oklahoma, and Rev. W.H. Clark.
 
Erected 1956 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 121-32.)
 
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. In addition, it is included in the Georgia Historical Society series list. A significant historical month for this entry is March 1852.
 
Location. 33° 18.657′ N, 82° 5.843′ W. Marker is in Hephzibah, Georgia, in Richmond County. Marker is on Brothersville Road (County Route 1105) near Church Street, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map.
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
Marker is at or near this postal address: 4431 Brothersville Road, Hephzibah GA 30815, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. First Ebenezer Baptist Church (approx. ¾ mile away); Liberty Methodist Church (approx. 3½ miles away); Author "The Young Marooners" (approx. 4.2 miles away); Carswell (approx. 7.3 miles away); Hopeful Baptist Church (approx. 7.3 miles away); Twiggs Cemetery (approx. 7.4 miles away); Spirit Creek Baptist Church (approx. 7.6 miles away); Family Burying Ground on Good Hope Plantation (approx. 7.6 miles away).
 
Hephzibah Methodist Church and Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Mike Stroud, July 10, 2011
2. Hephzibah Methodist Church and Marker
Hephzibah Methodist Church Marker, looking south along Brothersville Road (County Road 1105) image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Mike Stroud, July 10, 2011
3. Hephzibah Methodist Church Marker, looking south along Brothersville Road (County Road 1105)
Hephzibah Methodist Church Marker, looking north , Church Street intersection image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Mike Stroud, July 10, 2011
4. Hephzibah Methodist Church Marker, looking north , Church Street intersection
Hephzibah Methodist Church, marker at left image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Mike Stroud, July 10, 2011
5. Hephzibah Methodist Church, marker at left
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on July 10, 2011, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 563 times since then and 13 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on July 11, 2011, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=44513

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Apr. 13, 2024