Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Near Cooperstown in Otsego County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Blacksmith Shop

 
 
Blacksmith Shop Marker image. Click for full size.
By Howard C. Ohlhous, June 10, 2011
1. Blacksmith Shop Marker
Inscription.  
Blacksmith Shop Erected 1827
In New Berlin, New York
and Used Continuously
As a Blacksmith Shop Until 1934
Presented by
Charles H. Mitchell
of New Berlin
to the
Farmers Museum, 1944
Re-erected on this site in 1946

 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Industry & Commerce. A significant historical year for this entry is 1827.
 
Location. 42° 42.738′ N, 74° 55.761′ W. Marker is near Cooperstown, New York, in Otsego County. Marker can be reached from Lake Street. Marker is mounted at the entry to the blacksmith shop, which is one of the historic buildings on display at the Farmers Museum. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Cooperstown NY 13326, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Cardiff Giant (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Tunnicliff Inn (approx. 0.8 miles away); Council Rock (approx. 0.9 miles away); Doubleday Field (approx. 0.9 miles away); Clinton's Dam (approx. 0.9 miles away); Site of the First National Baseball Hall of Fame Induction
Blacksmith Shop image. Click for full size.
By Howard C. Ohlhous, June 10, 2011
2. Blacksmith Shop
The marker is mounted to the right of the doorway.
Click or scan to see
this page online
(approx. 0.9 miles away); "Natty Bumpo" (approx. 0.9 miles away); George Croghan (approx. 0.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Cooperstown.
 
Also see . . .
1. The Blacksmith Shop at the Farmers Museum. (Submitted on July 19, 2011, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York.)
2. Rural Blacksmith Blog. (Submitted on July 20, 2011, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York.)
 
Inside the Blacksmith Shop image. Click for full size.
By Howard C. Ohlhous, June 10, 2011
3. Inside the Blacksmith Shop
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on July 19, 2011, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York. This page has been viewed 500 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on July 19, 2011, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.

Share This Page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=44783

Paid Advertisement
Apr. 18, 2021