Strongsville in Cuyahoga County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Town Hall and School Building
of Historic Places
by the United States
Department of the Interior
Town Hall &
New Town Hall & School Building
Dedicated December 31, 1879
Construction Costs $3,945.00
Trustees: E.H. Reed, O.D. Pomeroy,
Builder: Robert W. Henry
On firm foundation laid, In stateliness arrayed
Welcome New Hall!
Which we now dedicate, To uses good and great
Approved by all.
A princely edifice, Yet plain in style as this
Speaks well for you,
Who love not vain displays, And keep as good highways
As one e'er know.
Its owners such around. As in the townships bound
Hold legal share.
Their money, here well spent, Had bought a good per cent.
For this none care.
Who welcome to their town, Her ornament and crown.
And well unite
In feeling a just pride, That here is typified
A beacon light.
From Rev. O.W. White's dedication poem.
Rededicated December 31, 2008
Thomas P. Perciak, Mayor
Erected 2008 by City of Strongsville.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical date for this entry is December 31, 1861.
Location. 41° 18.859′ N, 81° 50.035′ W. Marker is in Strongsville, Ohio, in Cuyahoga County. Marker is on Royalton Road (Ohio Route 82) near Pearl Road (U.S. 42), on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Strongsville OH 44136, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Pomeroy House (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Woodvale Union Cemetery (approx. 3.2 miles away); Adams Street Cemetery (approx. 3˝ miles away); The “Big Quarry” (approx. 3.7 miles away); Berea Sandstone Quarries (approx. 3.7 miles away); The Berea Triangle (approx. 3.7 miles away); First Congregational United Church of Christ of Berea (approx. 3.8 miles away); Lyceum Square (approx. 3.8 miles away).
Also see . . . The Founding of Strongsville, Ohio. (Submitted on July 21, 2011, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on July 21, 2011, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 455 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 21, 2011, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.