Jefferson Hills in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected 1948 by Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Government & Politics. In addition, it is included in the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1777.
Location. 40° 15.691′ N, 79° 54.699′ W. Marker is in Jefferson Hills, Pennsylvania, in Allegheny County. Marker is on 5th Street (Pennsylvania Route 837) 0.3 miles east of Glass House Road, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: West Elizabeth PA 15088, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Monongahela River Navigation System (approx. 0.6 miles away); Elizabeth (approx. 1.6 miles away); Fort Cox or Coxes Station (approx. 2.9 miles away); James Chapel Methodist Church Jackie Ormes (approx. 4 miles away); Monongahela (approx. 4 miles away); a different marker also named Monongahela (approx. 4.1 miles away); a different marker also named Monongahela (approx. 4.1 miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on December 14, 2020. It was originally submitted on July 24, 2011, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 964 times since then and 14 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 24, 2011, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.