Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Council Bluffs in Pottawattamie County, Iowa — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
 

Spanish War Veterans

 
 
Spanish War Veterans Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Charles T. Harrell, June 28, 2011
1. Spanish War Veterans Marker
Inscription.  1899-1902, Philippine Islands, Cuba, Porto Rico, USA, Presented by Auxiliary No. 6, Dec. 1932, United Spanish War Veterans Camp No. 18.
 
Erected 1932 by United Spanish War Veterans Camp No. 18.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: War, Spanish-American. A significant historical date for this entry is December 6, 1932.
 
Location. 41° 15.585′ N, 95° 51.103′ W. Marker is in Council Bluffs, Iowa, in Pottawattamie County. Marker is on 1st Avenue, on the left when traveling west. Between S. 6th & Pearl Sts. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Council Bluffs IA 51503, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Mormon Trail (here, next to this marker); Civil War Memorial (here, next to this marker); Council Bluffs Veterans Plaza (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Council Bluffs Free Public Library (about 600 feet away); Grenville M. Dodge (about 700 feet away); Squirrel Cage Jail (approx. 0.2 miles away); The National Humane Alliance Fountain
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
(approx. ¼ mile away); The Historic General Dodge House (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Council Bluffs.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on July 26, 2011, by Charles T. Harrell of Woodford, Virginia. This page has been viewed 644 times since then and 13 times this year. Photo   1. submitted on July 26, 2011, by Charles T. Harrell of Woodford, Virginia. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=45064

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
May. 23, 2024