Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
FANG in Nashville in Davidson County, Tennessee — The American South (East South Central)
 

Richardson House

 
 
Richardson House Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By R. E. Smith, September 2, 2007
1. Richardson House Marker
Inscription.  This house, listed in the National Register of Historic Places, was built in 1905 as the home of Reuben B. and Mary Knowles Richardson. Richardson, who served as Capt. of Eng. Co. No.4 from 1893 to 1923, was one of the first Blacks to obtain this rank in Nashville. In 1923, Eng. Co. No.4 moved from Woodland St. to 12th Ave. No. and Jefferson St., and became Eng. Co. No. 11. In 1930, the name of the building housing that company was changed to Reuben B. Richardson Hall.
 
Erected by Tennessee Historical Commission. (Marker Number 3A 143.)
 
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: African AmericansCharity & Public Work. In addition, it is included in the Tennessee Historical Commission series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1905.
 
Location. 36° 10.106′ N, 86° 48.139′ W. Marker is in Nashville, Tennessee, in Davidson County. It is in FANG. Marker is on 16th Avenue North, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Nashville TN 37208, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
of this marker. Charles Spurgeon Johnson/Robert E. Park (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); The John Wesley Work Home (about 400 feet away); Fisk Memorial Chapel (about 600 feet away); The Harris Music Building (about 600 feet away); Fisk Jubilee Singers (about 700 feet away); Fisk University Athletics (about 700 feet away); Clark Memorial United Methodist Church (about 700 feet away); Cravath Hall (about 800 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Nashville.
 
Richardson House Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By R. E. Smith, September 2, 2007
2. Richardson House Marker
The Richardson House image. Click for full size.
Photographed By R. E. Smith, September 2, 2007
3. The Richardson House
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on February 7, 2023. It was originally submitted on January 4, 2008, by R. E. Smith of Nashville, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 1,503 times since then and 72 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on January 26, 2008, by R. E. Smith of Nashville, Tennessee. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=4513

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Jun. 23, 2024