Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Colfax in Placer County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
 

Historic Bell From St. Dominic's Church at Iowa Hill

 
 
Historic Bell Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Barry Swackhamer, July 26, 2011
1. Historic Bell Marker
Inscription.  
Bell was originally erected
there in 1860. It was place
here in October 1988.

 
Erected by St. Dominic's Catholic Church.
 
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. In addition, it is included in the Historic Bells series list. A significant historical month for this entry is October 1988.
 
Location. 39° 5.869′ N, 120° 57.077′ W. Marker is in Colfax, California, in Placer County. Marker is on Oak Street near Auburn Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Colfax CA 95713, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Colfax Passenger Depot (about 800 feet away, measured in a direct line); Schuyler Colfax (approx. 0.2 miles away); Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad (approx. 0.2 miles away); Colfax (approx. 0.2 miles away); Memorial Hall (approx. 0.2 miles away); Robert G. Fowler - Colfax (approx. 0.2 miles away); Colfax Record (approx. 0.2 miles away); First Brick Building in Colfax (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Colfax.
 
Also see . . .
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
 St. Dominic's bell dates to 1860 - Colfax Record. Newspaper article from the Colfax Record. (Submitted on July 29, 2011, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California.) 
 
Historic Bell Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Barry Swackhamer, July 26, 2011
2. Historic Bell Marker
St. Dominic's Church. image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Barry Swackhamer, July 26, 2011
3. St. Dominic's Church.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on July 29, 2011, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. This page has been viewed 490 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on July 29, 2011, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=45233

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
U.S. FTC REQUIRED NOTICE: This website earns income from purchases you make after using links to Amazon.com. Thank you.
Paid Advertisements
Mar. 2, 2024