Shelton in Buffalo County, Nebraska — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
Erected 1931 by Shelton Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 40° 46.804′ N, 98° 44.037′ W. Marker is in Shelton, Nebraska, in Buffalo County. Marker is at the intersection of U.S. 30 and South C Street, on the left when traveling west on U.S. 30. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Shelton NE 68876, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Meisner Bank Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Joseph E. Johnson and the Huntsman’s Echo (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Original Townsite of Wood River (approx. 4˝ miles away); The Soldiers Free Homestead Colony (approx. 6.2 miles away); Memorial Tree (approx. 6.3 miles away); Gibbon (approx. 6.3 miles away); First Buffalo County Court House (approx. 6.3 miles away); Wood River Veterans Memorial (approx. 7.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Shelton.
Topics. This marker is included in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 30, 2011, by Charles T. Harrell of Woodford, Virginia. This page has been viewed 467 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 30, 2011, by Charles T. Harrell of Woodford, Virginia. 3, 4, 5. submitted on December 17, 2014, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.