Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Northampton in Fulton County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

"Fish House"

 
 
Fish House Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Howard C. Ohlhous, July 9, 2011
1. Fish House Marker
Inscription.  

of Sir Wm. Johnson 1500
ft. northeast of this marker
built 1762. Village derived
name from lodge. Burned
by Tories and Indians, 1781

 
Erected 1932 by New York State Education Department.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Settlements & SettlersWar, US Revolutionary. A significant historical year for this entry is 1500.
 
Location. 43° 8.744′ N, 74° 7.811′ W. Marker is in Northampton, New York, in Fulton County. Marker is at the intersection of South Shore Road (County Route 110) and Fish House Road (County Route 109), on the right when traveling south on South Shore Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Broadalbin NY 12025, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Marvin House (a few steps from this marker); Covered Bridge (within shouting distance of this marker); St John House (within shouting distance of this marker); Shew's Hill (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Old Fish House
Fish House Marker, Prior to Repainting image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Howard C. Ohlhous, September 2, 2009
2. Fish House Marker, Prior to Repainting
Click or scan to see
this page online
(approx. 0.2 miles away); Shew House (approx. 0.3 miles away); Godfrey Shew (approx. 0.4 miles away); Hans' Creek (approx. 1.8 miles away).
 
Also see . . .  Fish House: Great Sacandaga Lake's Underwater Mysteries. Adirondack Almanack (Submitted on September 6, 2016, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York.) 
 
Additional keywords. Sir William Johnson FishHouse Northampton
 
Fish House Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Howard C. Ohlhous, September 2, 2009
3. Fish House Marker
The Fish House Marker is to the left of the telephone pole.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on September 20, 2016. It was originally submitted on August 4, 2011, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York. This page has been viewed 644 times since then and 30 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on August 4, 2011, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=45607

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
Paid Advertisements
 
 

Aug. 13, 2022