York in York County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
In the Old Court House here at York
Erected 1942 by Yorktown Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 39° 57.68′ N, 76° 43.918′ W. Marker is in York, Pennsylvania, in York County. Marker is at the intersection of W. Market Street and Pershing Ave., on the left when traveling east on W. Market Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: York PA 17403, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Captain Michael Doudel's Company (a few steps from this marker); York County (a few steps from this marker); York (a few steps from this marker); Golden Plough Tavern (within shouting distance of this marker); Gen. Horatio Gates (within shouting distance of this marker); General Marquis de Lafayette 1757 - 1834 (within shouting distance of this marker); The Four Chaplains (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); York County's 250th Anniversary (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in York.
Categories. • War, US Revolutionary •
More. Search the internet for In the Old Court House here at York.
Credits. This page was last revised on December 10, 2019. This page originally submitted on January 6, 2008, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 1,246 times since then and 25 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on January 6, 2008, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. 4. submitted on February 25, 2010, by Dianne Bowders of York, PA. 5. submitted on April 2, 2012, by Dianne Bowders of York, Pennsylvania.