Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Morgan Hill in Santa Clara County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
 

Votaw Building

 
 
Votaw Building Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Barry Swackhamer, August 9, 2011
1. Votaw Building Marker
Inscription.  Built in 1906 by Frank L. Merrill. The building is a revival of the Italian Renaissance style which spread over Europe in the 15th and 16th centuries. The building was the original Morgan Hill Bank. The building is known as the Votaw Building named after the first bank president, Mr. Albert Votaw. The building served as a bank until 1954.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Industry & CommerceNotable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1906.
 
Location. 37° 7.734′ N, 121° 39.189′ W. Marker is in Morgan Hill, California, in Santa Clara County. Marker is at the intersection of Monterey Road and West 2nd Street (California Route 82), on the right when traveling south on Monterey Road. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 17500 Monterey Road, Morgan Hill CA 95037, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Site of Skeels Hotel (within shouting distance of this marker); Veterans Memorial Square (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Murphy's Majestic Oak (about 500 feet away); Oak Trees of Morgan Hill
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
(about 500 feet away); The Granary (about 600 feet away); Our History (about 700 feet away); Morgan Hill United Methodist Church (about 800 feet away); Waiting For The Train (about 800 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Morgan Hill.
 
Additional keywords. bank
 
The Votaw Building image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Barry Swackhamer, August 9, 2011
2. The Votaw Building
The marker is to the left of the entrance.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on August 16, 2011, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. This page has been viewed 632 times since then and 31 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on August 16, 2011, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=46160

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Apr. 21, 2024