Madison in Jefferson County, Indiana — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Replica of The Statue of Liberty
— Madison Indiana —
With the faith and courage of
their forefathers who made
possible the freedom of these
The Boy Scouts of America
Dedicate this copy of the
Statue of Liberty as a Pledge
of everlasting Fidelity and
40th Anniversary Crusade to
Strengthen the Arm of Liberty
Erected 1950 by The Boy Scouts of America.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Landmarks. In addition, it is included in the Statue of Liberty Replicas series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1950.
Location. 38° 44.164′ N, 85° 22.62′ W. Marker is in Madison, Indiana, in Jefferson County. Marker is at the intersection of East Main Street (U.S. 421) and Jefferson Street, on the right when traveling east on East Main Street. Located on the North/West lawn of the Jefferson County Courthouse in Madison, Indiana. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Madison IN 47250, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Lt. General Walter Krueger (a few steps from Jefferson County War Memorial (a few steps from this marker); Old Courthouse Treasure (within shouting distance of this marker); Samuel Woodfill (within shouting distance of this marker); Jefferson County Courthouse / Madison's Commercial District (within shouting distance of this marker); First Chartered Bank in Indiana (within shouting distance of this marker); Jefferson County (Indiana ) Civil War Memorial (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); This Shell Fired into Vicksburg (about 300 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Madison.
Also see . . .
1. Replicas of the Statue of Liberty:. (Submitted on July 8, 2011, by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana.)
2. Little Sisters of Liberty::. Boy Scouts of America. (Submitted on July 8, 2011, by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on July 7, 2011, by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana. This page has been viewed 721 times since then and 35 times this year. Last updated on August 19, 2011, by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 7, 2011, by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.