Mariposa in Mariposa County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
St. Joseph’s Catholic Church
Erected 1968 by Native Daughters of the Golden West, Mariposa Parlor No. 63.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. In addition, it is included in the Native Sons/Daughters of the Golden West series list. A significant historical month for this entry is January 1867.
Location. 37° 28.933′ N, 119° 57.725′ W. Marker is in Mariposa, California, in Mariposa County. Marker is on First Street near Bullion Street. The marker is located next to the steps leading to the church entrance. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Mariposa CA 95338, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. A different marker also named St. Joseph's Catholic Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Mariposa County’s Old Stone Jail (approx. 0.2 miles away); Schlageter Hotel (approx. 0.2 miles away); Fremont Adobe (approx. 0.2 miles away); Capital Saloon (approx. ¼ mile away); John Trabucco Building (approx. ¼ mile away); Mariposa Meat Market (approx. ¼ mile away); Mariposa Independent Order Odd Fellows Hall (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Mariposa.
Also see . . . St, Joseph's Catholic Church. St. Joseph’s was the first permanent Catholic church in Mariposa County (Submitted on August 28, 2011.)
Credits. This page was last revised on November 2, 2018. It was originally submitted on August 24, 2011, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. This page has been viewed 664 times since then and 48 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on August 24, 2011, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. 2. submitted on October 24, 2018, by Mandy Kirby of Clovis, California. 3, 4. submitted on August 24, 2011, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.