Richland in Stewart County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
First Post Office Site
Erected 1956 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 128-11.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Georgia Historical Society, and the Postal Mail and Philately 📭 series lists. A significant historical date for this entry is April 16, 1839.
Location. 32° 5.39′ N, 84° 40.055′ W. Marker is in RichlandTouch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Richland GA 31825, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Historic Richland (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Richland Baptist Church Site (about 600 feet away); Cedarwood Cemetery (about 600 feet away); Providence Chapel (approx. 3.7 miles away); Jackson Trail (approx. 4.7 miles away); Methodist Camp Ground (approx. 5.1 miles away); Gen. Evans’ Birthplace (approx. 6.3 miles away); Westville Symposium / Academic Pioneers (approx. 7.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Richland.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on August 30, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 374 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 30, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.