Put-In-Bay in Ottawa County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Oelschlager's Dry Goods Store
business district built in 1913 by Karl Oelschlager.
It housed a dry goods store, gift shop & ice
cream parlor. The interior has the original
floral-design pressed-tin ceiling.
Erected by Lake Erie Island Historical Society.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Industry & Commerce • Settlements & Settlers.
Location. 41° 39.17′ N, 82° 49.081′ W. Marker is in Put-In-Bay, Ohio, in Ottawa County. Marker is on Delaware Avenue west of Loraine Avenue, on the right when traveling east. This historical marker is affixed to the outside wall of the storefront, across the street from Perry Park. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Put in Bay OH 43456, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Within This Enclosure (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Joseph De Rivera St. Jurgo, 1813-1889 (about 400 feet away); Amareta Mosher Anchor (about 800 feet away); First Ship-To-Shore Radio BroadcastThe Doller House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Perry's Victory and International Peace Memorial (approx. 0.3 miles away); Gibraltar Monument (approx. 0.4 miles away); Jay Cooke Mansion (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Put-In-Bay.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on September 3, 2011, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. This page has been viewed 411 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on September 3, 2011, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio.