Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Huntington in Huntington County, Indiana — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
 

The Huntington County Courthouse

Erected 1904 - 1906

 

— Neo - Classical J.W. Gaddis, Architect —

 
The Huntington County Courthouse Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Willard McKinzie, September 9, 2011
1. The Huntington County Courthouse Marker
Inscription.  
The Huntington Courthouse Square
Historic District
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places
By the U.S. Department of the Interior
September 4, 1992
"Law is the Technique of Justice"
Publius Iuventius Celsus

 
Erected 1999 by Bowers Brewer Garrett & Wiley, Attorneys at Law.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical month for this entry is September 1651.
 
Location. 40° 52.857′ N, 85° 29.62′ W. Marker is in Huntington, Indiana, in Huntington County. Marker is on Jefferson St., 0 miles east of State St. (Road Hunting). This marker is located on the South column, at the West entrance to the Huntington County Courthouse. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Huntington IN 46750, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. In Memory of Huntington County Boys, who lost their lives in the World War. (here, next to this marker); Samuel Huntington (a few steps from this marker); Ex Parte Milligan (a few steps from this marker); Huntington County War Memorial
The Huntington County Courthouse Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Willard McKinzie, September 9, 2011
2. The Huntington County Courthouse Marker
View from Jefferson St.
Click or scan to see
this page online
(within shouting distance of this marker); James Danforth Quayle (within shouting distance of this marker); Otto U. King, D.D.S., F.A.C.D. (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Dr. Otto U. King, 1873-1951 / Otto U. King, D.D.S, F.A.C.D. (about 300 feet away); Huntington's Ford and First Bridge / Huntington's Buildings Over the River (about 700 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Huntington.
 
The Huntington County Courthouse Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Willard McKinzie, September 9, 2011
3. The Huntington County Courthouse Marker
View heading South on Jefferson St. The marker can be seen on the south column of the Courthouse.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on September 10, 2011, by Willard McKinzie of Huntington, Indiana. This page has been viewed 556 times since then and 62 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on September 10, 2011, by Willard McKinzie of Huntington, Indiana. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=46987

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
Paid Advertisements
 
 

Nov. 28, 2022