The Nebraska State Historical Society
The Society's offices, library, and museum occupied various Lincoln locations until 1953, including the old university library (present Architecture Hall) and the state capitol. This building, designed by Lincoln architect Ellery Davis and funded by a special tax levy, opened in 1953. It is listed in the National Register of Historic Places.
Erected by Nebraska State Historical Society. (Marker Number 436.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. In addition, it is included in the Nebraska State Historical Society series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1878.
Location. 40° 49.012′ N, 96° 41.995′ W. Marker is in Lincoln, Nebraska, in Lancaster County. Marker is on R. Street just west of 16th Street, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Lincoln NE 68508, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on September 19, 2011, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 604 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 19, 2011, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.