Kinderheim Arch
Originally, the building served as a Lutheran foster home for children, from the time it was built in 1925, until 1960. Many residents of the home were under the jurisdiction of the Juvenile Court of Chicago. While living at the Kinderheim, the children attended either the Addison Manual Training School for Boys, or the Addison Industrial School for Girls, which were on site.
Later, from 1961 until 2000, the building served as Addisons municipal building. During the 75-year lifetime of this building, thousands of people passed through the doors framed by this arch. Today, people continue to pass under this arch as they make their way to Addisons new municipal building.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Education. A significant historical year for this entry is 1925.
Location. 41° 55.93′ N, 87° 59.527′ W. Marker is in Addison, Illinois, in DuPage County. It is on West Army Trail Boulevard. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 128 West Army Trail Boulevard,
Regionally, this marker is in Greater Chicago. It is also in the American Midwest. Globally, it is in North America, on the Great Lakes, in the Western Hemisphere, in the Western World, and in the Anglosphere. Historically, it finds itself in what was once the territory of the Mississippian Culture and also the Northwest Territory.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies: The Gazebos of Addison (within shouting distance of this marker); Site of St. Paul Lutheran School (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Site of Lutheran Teachers Seminary (about 300 feet away); Army Trail Road (about 600 feet away); Veterans Circle (approx. 0.2 miles away); Old Mill (approx. one mile away); Churchville School (approx. 2 miles away); Lee A. Daniels (approx. 2.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Addison.
Additional keywords. Foster Home
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on September 21, 2011, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. This page has been viewed 1,435 times since then and 44 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 21, 2011, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.

