Cochran in Bleckley County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1985 by Georgia Historical Commission (1953-1971) or its successor, the Georgia Department of Natural Resources (1972-1998). (Marker Number 012-1.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society marker series.
Location. 32° 23.233′ N, 83° 21.333′ W. Marker is in Cochran, Georgia, Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Cochran GA 31014, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Dedicated to the Memory of James (Jim) Earnest Cook (a few steps from this marker); Sgt. John F. Conner, Sr. (a few steps from this marker); Lucian A. Whipple (within shouting distance of this marker); In Memory of Perry L. Johnson (within shouting distance of this marker); Uchee Path (approx. 0.6 miles away); Evergreen Baptist Church (approx. 4.8 miles away); Longstreet Methodist Church (approx. 6.8 miles away); The 1812 Soldiers (approx. 9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Cochran.
Topics. This marker is included in this topic list: Political Subdivisions
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 25, 2011, by Charles Smith of Milledgeville, Baldwin Georgia. This page has been viewed 637 times since then and 9 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 25, 2011, by Charles Smith of Milledgeville, Baldwin Georgia. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.