Milwaukee in Milwaukee County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
In 1938, Kilbourntown House was moved to this site from its original location near Fourth and Court Streets through the efforts of the Milwaukee County Historical Society, the Milwaukee County Park Commission and the Colonial Dames of Wisconsin. Restoration was carried out as a WPA project. Furnished by the Colonial Dames with articles in use prior to 1865, the building was reopened on September 4, 1939.
Erected 1970 by Milwaukee County Historical Society.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. In addition, it is included in the Works Progress Administration (WPA) projects series list.
Location. 43° Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Milwaukee WI 53211, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Shorewood Armory (approx. half a mile away); Shorewood High School (approx. 0.6 miles away); Old Sauk Trail (approx. 0.7 miles away); Shorewood Village Hall (approx. ¾ mile away); Lueddemann’s-On-The-River (approx. 0.9 miles away); Carl Sandburg Hall (approx. 1.2 miles away); Steamer Appomattox (approx. 1.2 miles away); In Honor of the Men and Women of the 25th Ward (approx. 1.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Milwaukee.
Also see . . . Kilbourntown House. Milwaukee County Historical Society (Submitted on October 10, 2011, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on October 4, 2011, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 493 times since then and 20 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on October 4, 2011, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.