Seaford in Sussex County, Delaware — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Seaford Fire Department
Today, over one hundred men and women continue to serve the Seaford community, providing fire fighting, rescue, and ambulance services.
Erected 2002 by Delaware Public Archives. (Marker Number SC-164.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Charity & Public Work. In addition, it is included in the Delaware Public Archives series list. A significant historical month for this entry is November 1814.
Location. 38° 38.527′ N, 75° 36.781′ W. Marker is in Seaford, Delaware, in Sussex County. Marker is at the intersection of King Street and Cannon Street, on the left when traveling east on King Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Seaford DE 19973, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. St. John's United Methodist Church (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Hiram Lodge No. 21 A.F&A.M. (about 500 feet away); Mount Olivet United Methodist Church (about 500 feet away); Old Seaford Post Office (about 600 feet away); The Delaware Railroad (approx. 0.2 miles away); Gateway to Freedom: The Tilly Escape (approx. 0.2 miles away); Governor William H. H. Ross (approx. Ό mile away); St. Luke's Episcopal Church (approx. Ό mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Seaford.
Credits. This page was last revised on January 3, 2020. It was originally submitted on January 19, 2008, by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 1,602 times since then and 23 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on January 19, 2008, by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland.