Near Town of Farmington in Washington County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Wheat was the main cash crop of early settlers, with the mill grinding and producing up to 24 barrels of flour a day. Today, it still serves farmers and the general public by grinding grain and selling pet products and lawn and garden supplies.
Harlow Bolton platted “Bolton's Ville” and established the first general store and cheese factory.
Washington County, Wisconsin
Erected 2003 by Washington County Landmarks Commission. (Marker Number 03-003.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Industry & Commerce • Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1853.
Location. 43° 31.625′ N, 88° 6.009′ W. Marker is near Town of Farmington, Wisconsin, in Washington County. Marker Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 9298 Boltonville Rd, Kewaskum WI 53040, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Boltonville Church (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Saxonia House (approx. 3 miles away); Theodore Rietz Distillery (approx. 4.3 miles away); Lizard Mound Park (approx. 4.8 miles away); Saint John Evangelical Lutheran Church (approx. 4.9 miles away); St. Peter's Church (approx. 5.1 miles away); St. Matthias Mission (approx. 5.2 miles away); Homestead of N. Edward Hausmann, M.D. (approx. 6.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Town of Farmington.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on October 13, 2011, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 501 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 13, 2011, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.