Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Town of Farmington in Washington County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
 

St. Peter's Church

Town of Farmington, Wisconsin

 
 
St. Peterís Church Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Paul Fehrenbach, October 10, 2011
1. St. Peterís Church Marker
Inscription.  St. Peter's Catholic Church was established in 1846. The first structure was a log church built in 1855. The present structure was built in 1861. The church is an outstanding example of fieldstone construction featuring an unusual half-octagonal apse, a feature not easily constructed in random fieldstone. A cross made from darker stone is embedded in the front wall. The church was entered into the National Register of Historic Places on June 30, 1983.
Landmarks Commission
Washington County, Wisconsin

 
Erected 1997 by Washington County Landmarks Commission. (Marker Number 96-003.)
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical month for this entry is June 1855.
 
Location. 43° 27.282′ N, 88° 5.19′ W. Marker is in Town of Farmington, Wisconsin, in Washington County. Marker is on East Newark Drive east of Harbor Court, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1010 Newark Drive, West Bend WI 53090, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
as the crow flies. Lizard Mound Park (approx. 2.8 miles away); Freedom Park (approx. 3 miles away); Esker (approx. 3 miles away); Saxonia House (approx. 3.4 miles away); Robert Cooley Homestead (approx. 4.8 miles away); Barton (approx. 4.8 miles away); Barton Historic District (approx. 5 miles away); Verbeck Residence (approx. 5 miles away).
 
St. Peterís Church Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Paul Fehrenbach, October 10, 2011
2. St. Peterís Church Marker
St. Peterís Church image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Paul Fehrenbach, October 10, 2011
3. St. Peterís Church
St. Peterís Church image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Paul Fehrenbach, October 10, 2011
4. St. Peterís Church
Darker stone cross embedded in front wall.
St. Peterís Church image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Paul Fehrenbach, October 10, 2011
5. St. Peterís Church
National Register Plaque mounted on front door.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on October 13, 2011, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 909 times since then and 52 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on October 13, 2011, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=48261

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Apr. 16, 2024