Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”

Bethlehem in Litchfield County, Connecticut — The American Northeast (New England)
 

Bellamy - Ferriday House

 
 
Bellamy – Ferriday House Marker image. Click for full size.
By Michael Herrick, January 13, 2010
1. Bellamy – Ferriday House Marker
Inscription.  
In This House
Rev. Joseph Bellamy
Held the Earliest
Theological School
1738 – 1789

 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & ReligionColonial EraEducation.
 
Location. 41° 38.402′ N, 73° 12.487′ W. Marker is in Bethlehem, Connecticut, in Litchfield County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street North (Connecticut Route 61) and West Road (Connecticut Route 132), on the left when traveling north on Main Street North. Located in front of the Bellamy – Ferriday House. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 9 Main Street North, Bethlehem CT 06751, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Dr. Bellamy Meetinghouse (within shouting distance of this marker); Bethlehem World War II Memorial (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Bethlehem Vietnam War Memorial (about 400 feet away); Bethlehem Korean War Memorial (about 400 feet away); Bethlehem War of 1812 Memorial
Bellamy – Ferriday House & Garden Sign image. Click for full size.
By Michael Herrick, January 13, 2010
2. Bellamy – Ferriday House & Garden Sign
Marker can be seen behind the sign.
(about 400 feet away); Bethlehem Revolutionary War Memorial (about 400 feet away); Bethlehem Civil War and World War I Memorial (about 500 feet away); Bethlehem (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Bethlehem.
 
Also see . . .
1. Bellamy-Ferriday House and Garden on Connecticut Landmarks. (Submitted on January 15, 2010, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut.)
2. Bellamy-Ferriday House and Garden on Wikipedia. (Submitted on January 15, 2010, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut.)
 
The Bellamy – Ferriday House image. Click for full size.
By Michael Herrick, January 13, 2010
3. The Bellamy – Ferriday House
Bell From the Methodist Church Marker image. Click for full size.
By Michael Herrick, January 13, 2010
4. Bell From the Methodist Church Marker
Across the street from the marker, a bell is mounted for a Methodist Church, a later building also serving the religious needs of the community. The brass plate shown here, mounted on the ring supporting the bell, reads:
Bell from the Methodist Church located on this site 1860 – 1929.
Bell from the Methodist Church image. Click for full size.
By Michael Herrick, January 13, 2010
5. Bell from the Methodist Church
The inscription on the bell reads:
Naylor Vickers & Co 1860
Sheffield
E. Riepe’s Patent. Cast Steel.
No. 1729
Bell from the Methodist Church in front of the Old Bethlehem Historical Society image. Click for full size.
By Michael Herrick, January 13, 2010
6. Bell from the Methodist Church in front of the Old Bethlehem Historical Society
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on January 15, 2010, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut. This page has been viewed 1,056 times since then and 11 times this year. Last updated on October 17, 2011, by Michael Tiernan of Danvers, Massachusetts. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on January 15, 2010, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut.
Paid Advertisement
Aug. 4, 2020