Bethel in Fairfield County, Connecticut — The American Northeast (New England)
Bethel Railway Station - 1912
Below is a brief article appearing in the “Danbury News” on May 24, 1899 as the station shown above was nearing completion.
“The interior of the new station is fitted up very comfortably. The waiting room is neatly finished off and furnished with all of the accommodations necessary. The ticket and telegraph office is in the center of the building, between the freight and passenger departments. Agent McMahon has a cozy little office, and just opposite is a small baggage room, which will be in charge of Baggagemaster
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Railroads & Streetcars.
Location. 41° 22.224′ N, 73° 24.874′ W. Marker is in Bethel, Connecticut, in Fairfield County. Marker is at the intersection of Depot Place and South Street, on the right when traveling south on Depot Place. Located on the corner of the Bethel Railway Station. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Bethel CT 06801, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Phineas Taylor (P.T.) Barnum (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Bethel Soldier’s Memorial (about 500 feet away); In Memory of All Bethel Veterans (about 800 feet away); Bethel World War I Monument (approx. 0.2 miles away); Bethel (approx. 0.4 miles away); Danbury World War II Memorial (approx. 1.6 miles away); Plumtrees Honor Roll (approx. 1.8 miles away); Plumtrees School (approx. 1.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Bethel.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on January 23, 2010, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut. This page has been viewed 2,288 times since then and 4 times this year. Last updated on October 17, 2011, by Michael Tiernan of Danvers, Massachusetts. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on January 23, 2010, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut.