Lost City in Hardy County, West Virginia — The American South (Appalachia)
Lost River’s First Church
Erected 1963 by West Virginia Historic Commission.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. In addition, it is included in the West Virginia Archives and History series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1797.
Location. 38° 55.778′ N, 78° 50.077′ W. Marker is in Lost City, West Virginia, in Hardy County. Marker is at the intersection of West Virginia Route 259 and Lower Cove Road (Route 59), on the right when traveling south on State Route 259. It is within sight of the post office. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Lost City WV 26810, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. James Ward Wood (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Woodlawn (approx. 1.2 miles away); Lost River (approx. 2.2 miles away); Howard's Lick / Jackson Home Mathias Homestead (approx. 4 miles away); Mathias Veterans Memorial (approx. 4 miles away); Lee House Museum (approx. 5.4 miles away); Mill Island (approx. 10.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lost City.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on October 29, 2011, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio. This page has been viewed 585 times since then and 41 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 29, 2011, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio. 3. submitted on November 14, 2011, by Forest McDermott of Masontown, Pennsylvania. 4, 5. submitted on October 29, 2011, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio.