Thomas Earle Warehouse
Thomas Earle was a local wholesale grocer and provision merchant whose business dated back to 1869. This building, constructed for $10,000 and designed by architect Thomas Hopper, features a large brick arch and two finials flanking a central pediment and date plaque
The building was used for many years by Smith, Davidson and Lecky, paper wholesalers. After a major fire, the building was renovated in 1979 for the Capital Regional District.
c. 1900 Victoria City Archives. British Columbia Heritage Trust
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Industry & Commerce. A significant historical year for this entry is 1869.
Location. 48° 25.615′ N, 123° 22.16′ W. Marker is in Victoria, British Columbia, in Capital Regional District. Marker is on Yates Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 534 Yates Street, Victoria, British Columbia V8W 1K8, Canada. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Oriental Hotel (a few steps from this marker); Leiser Building (a few steps from this marker); Waddington Alley (a few steps from this marker); S.J. Pitts, Importer
Credits. This page was last revised on August 21, 2020. It was originally submitted on November 3, 2011, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. This page has been viewed 557 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on November 3, 2011, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.