Stanford in Lincoln County, Kentucky — The American South (East South Central)
County Named, 1780
Erected 1964 by Kentucky Historical Society, Kentucky Department of Highways. (Marker Number 774.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Political Subdivisions • War, US Revolutionary. In addition, it is included in the Kentucky Historical Society series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1776.
Location. 37° 31.774′ N, 84° 39.669′ W. Marker is in Stanford, Kentucky, in Lincoln County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street (Business U.S. 150) and 3rd Street, on the right when traveling west on Main Street. Marker is on the southeast corner of the Courthouse lawn. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Stanford KY 40484, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distanceLincoln County (a few steps from this marker); Benjamin Logan (a few steps from this marker); Cherokees in Kentucky (within shouting distance of this marker); Wilderness Road / Logan’s Station (within shouting distance of this marker); Stanford (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Kentucky's Oldest Main Street (about 600 feet away); History Written in Departures & Arrivals (about 700 feet away); Baughman Mill (about 800 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Stanford.
Credits. This page was last revised on August 12, 2018. It was originally submitted on November 21, 2011, by Forest McDermott of Masontown, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 353 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on November 21, 2011, by Forest McDermott of Masontown, Pennsylvania. 4. submitted on July 13, 2017, by Tom Bosse of Jefferson City, Tennessee. 5. submitted on July 30, 2018, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.