Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Mesa in Maricopa County, Arizona — The American Mountains (Southwest)
 

Landmark Restaurant / Mesa Community College

 
 
Landmark Restaurant Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Bill Kirchner, November 24, 2011
1. Landmark Restaurant Marker
Inscription.  [Upper Marker]:
Mormon Church 2nd Alma Chapel meeting house, 1911. Sold, 1954 to Producers Insurance Company. First Campus Mesa Community College, 1963. Converted to a restaurant in 1973.

[Lower Marker]:
This is the site of the original Campus of Mesa Community College, which first operated in this building on September 11, 1963, as an extension of Phoenix College, with 330 students under the leadership of President Dr. John D. Riggs. This plaque is placed here to honor the past, present and future faculty, staff and students, at the beginning of MCC'S 25th anniversary year. August 21, 1989
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & ReligionEducationIndustry & Commerce. A significant historical month for this entry is September 1878.
 
Location. 33° 24.883′ N, 111° 50.913′ W. Marker is in Mesa, Arizona, in Maricopa County. Marker is at the intersection of South Extension Road and West Main Street, on the right when traveling south on South Extension Road. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 809 West Main Street, Mesa AZ 85201, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
are within one mile of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Zeb Pearce Companies Building (approx. 0.7 miles away); Zebulon Pearce Monument (approx. 0.7 miles away); Wayne C. Pomeroy (approx. ¾ mile away); Pomeroy Building (approx. ¾ mile away); Zenos Co-Op (approx. 0.8 miles away); The Alhambra Hotel (approx. 0.8 miles away); Mesa Woman's Club House (approx. 0.9 miles away); Sirrine House (approx. one mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Mesa.
 
Landmark Restaurant Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Bill Kirchner, November 24, 2011
2. Landmark Restaurant Marker
Landmark Restaurant Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Bill Kirchner, November 24, 2011
3. Landmark Restaurant Marker
This Property
Landmark Restaurant
Has been placed on the
National Register
of Historic Places

By the United States
Department of the Interior
Landmark Restaurant Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Bill Kirchner, November 24, 2011
4. Landmark Restaurant Marker
Landmark Restaurant image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Bill Kirchner, November 24, 2011
5. Landmark Restaurant
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on November 27, 2011, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 847 times since then and 29 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on November 27, 2011, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=49906

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Apr. 24, 2024