Seaford in Sussex County, Delaware — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Old Seaford Post Office
The Old Seaford Post Office was purchased by the Seaford Historical Society in July 2001, and opened as the Seaford Museum in 2002.
Erected 2002 by Delaware Public Archives. (Marker Number SC-155.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Communications. Delaware Public Archives, and the Postal Mail and Philately series lists. A significant historical year for this entry is 1827.
Location. 38° 38.426′ N, 75° 36.808′ W. Marker is in Seaford, Delaware, in Sussex County. Marker is at the intersection of High Street and Conwell Street, on the right when traveling east on High Street. Marker is attached to the building. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 203 High Street, Seaford DE 19973, Seaford DE 19973, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Delaware Railroad (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Hiram Lodge No. 21 A.F&A.M. (about 500 feet away); Mount Olivet United Methodist Church (about 600 feet away); Seaford Fire Department (about 600 feet away); St. John's United Methodist Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Gateway to Freedom: The Tilly Escape (approx. ¼ mile away); Town of Blades (approx. ¼ mile away); Governor William H. H. Ross (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Seaford.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on January 27, 2008, by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 1,905 times since then and 26 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on January 27, 2008, by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland.