Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Santa Ana in Orange County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
 

The Episcopal Church of the Messiah

 
 
The Episcopal Church of the Messiah Marker image. Click for full size.
1. The Episcopal Church of the Messiah Marker
Inscription.  Santa Ana's oldest assembly on its original site was completed on 1888 and dedicated Easter 1889. Consecrated by Bishop Joseph Johnson October 31, 1887, with Rev. W.B. Burrows, Rector. The building was designed of redwood by Ernest Coxhead with changes made in 1910 and later years. (Marker Number 3.)
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical date for this entry is October 31, 1881.
 
Location. Marker has been reported missing. It was located near 33° 45.023′ N, 117° 52.011′ W. Marker was in Santa Ana, California, in Orange County. Marker was on North Bush Street. Touch for map. Marker was at or near this postal address: 614 North Bush Street, Santa Ana CA 92701, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this location, measured as the crow flies. Orange County Courthouse (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Santa Ana's Birthplace (approx. 0.2 miles away); Delta III Rocket (approx. 1.6 miles away); First Advent Christian Church (approx. 2.2 miles away); Hewes Mansion
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
(approx. 2.4 miles away); Stagecoach Stop (approx. 2˝ miles away); Columbus Tustin (approx. 2.6 miles away); Orange Plaza (approx. 2.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Santa Ana.
 
Also see . . .  O.C. History Roundup - Missing Markers. An article reporting the theft and recovery of historical markers in Downtown Santa Ana. (Submitted on December 29, 2011.) 
 
The Episcopal Church of the Messiah image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Michael Kindig, May 11, 2008
2. The Episcopal Church of the Messiah
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on September 18, 2020. It was originally submitted on November 29, 2011, by Michael Kindig of Elk Grove, California. This page has been viewed 532 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos:   1. submitted on December 29, 2011.   2. submitted on November 29, 2011, by Michael Kindig of Elk Grove, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=49983

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Apr. 24, 2024