Milwaukee in Milwaukee County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Otto Kuehn Leaf Tobacco Warehouse
Historic Third Ward
placed on the
of Historic Places
Otto Kuehn Leaf Tobacco
Tour Site 7
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings.
Location. 43° 2.098′ N, 87° 54.356′ W. Marker is in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, in Milwaukee County. Marker is at the intersection of North Milwaukee Street (State Highway 32) and East St. Paul Avenue, on the right when traveling north on North Milwaukee Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 338 N Milwaukee St, Milwaukee WI 53202, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. O.C. Hansen Glove and Mitten Mfg. Co. (within shouting distance of this marker); Standard Paper Co. (within shouting distance of this marker); Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Broadway Produce Co. (about 300 feet away); E.R. Godfrey & Sons Co. Commission House (about 400 feet away); Phoenix Knitting Co. Plant #6Kalvelage Wholesale Commission House (about 400 feet away); Jewett & Sherman Co. Merchant Mill (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Milwaukee.
Regarding Otto Kuehn Leaf Tobacco Warehouse. The Otto Kuehn Tobacco Warehouse was built in 1907. Here, the Schuster Brothers carried out their cigar processing business until 1913. From 1913 to 1979 a variety of companies utilized the space for offices, manufacturing and storage. The Erv Julien Shade Co., a manufacturer and seller of shades and blinds, has occupied the renovated five-story building since 1980. Other businesses such as architects, artists and more fill many of the offices. -Historic Third Ward Walking Tour brochure
Also see . . . Historic Third Ward - Take a Tour. Historic Third Ward Association (Submitted on December 1, 2011, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on November 30, 2011, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 650 times since then and 71 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 30, 2011, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.