Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Near Upper Tract in Pendleton County, West Virginia — The American South (Appalachia)
 

Old Judy Church

 
 
Old Judy Church Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Forest McDermott, August 21, 2010
1. Old Judy Church Marker
Inscription.  Oldest log church building in Pendleton Co. Built in 1848 of hewn white pine logs cut nearby. Served as Methodist Episcopal Church until 1910 when abandoned. Used as community center since rededication in 1936.
 
Erected 1980 by West Virginia Department of Archives and History.
 
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. In addition, it is included in the West Virginia Archives and History series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1848.
 
Location. 38° 52.012′ N, 79° 13.022′ W. Marker is near Upper Tract, West Virginia, in Pendleton County. Marker is on U.S. 220, on the right when traveling south. 100 yards south of the Grant/Pendleton county line. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Upper Tract WV 26866, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. St. George’s Church (approx. 3.4 miles away); Smoke Hole (approx. 4.4 miles away); Fort Bingamon (approx. 4.8 miles away); Eagle Rocks (approx. 5.1 miles away); a different marker also named Smoke Hole
Old Judy Church Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Forest McDermott, August 21, 2010
2. Old Judy Church Marker
Photo taken looking south on U.S. Route 220.
Click or scan to see
this page online
(approx. 5.3 miles away); Champe Rocks (approx. 5.8 miles away); Fort Upper Tract (approx. 6˝ miles away); Camp North Fork (approx. 7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Upper Tract.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on December 11, 2011, by Forest McDermott of Masontown, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 645 times since then and 51 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on December 11, 2011, by Forest McDermott of Masontown, Pennsylvania. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=50400

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
Paid Advertisements
 
 

Sep. 28, 2022