Dunedin in Pinellas County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
The American's Creed / In Grateful Remembrance
William Tyler Page
William Tyler Page
Dedicated to the residents of Dunedin, Florida
By: the Florida State Society, Daughters of the American Revolution
Mrs. Woodrow Vinson Register "Aida", State Regent
Mrs. Sam Boren, State Chairman
Erected 1999 by the Florida State Society, Daughters of the American Revolution.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Patriots & Patriotism • War, US Revolutionary. In addition, it is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) series list.
Location. 28° 0.71′ N, 82° 47.497′ W. Marker is in Dunedin, Florida, in Pinellas County. Marker is on Edgewater Drive (U.S. 19) south of Main Street, on the right when traveling south. The marker is located in Edgewater Park, a four-acre waterfront city park located at Dunedin Marina. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 51 Main Street, Dunedin FL 34698, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Votes For Women (a few steps from this marker); Purple Heart Memorial (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Orange Belt Railway Station (approx. 0.2 miles away); Dedicated to the Memory of Dr. Willis Stanley BlatchleyThe Dunedin LVT, Landing Vehicle Tracked (approx. half a mile away); Dunedin's African-American Community (approx. 0.6 miles away); Dr. Willis S. Blatchley House (approx. 0.6 miles away); Historic Andrews Memorial Chapel (approx. 1.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Dunedin.
More about this marker. The double-sided marker is capped on both sides by the logo of the Daughters of the American Revolution.
Regarding The American's Creed / In Grateful Remembrance. "The American's Creed" was adopted by the U.S. House of Representatives as the national creed of the United States of America on April 3, 1918. It was composed in 1917 by William Tyler Page, who worked in the capitol as Clerk of the House of Representatives.
Credits. This page was last revised on November 27, 2019. It was originally submitted on December 14, 2011, by Glenn Sheffield of Tampa, Florida. This page has been viewed 6,078 times since then and 432 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on December 14, 2011, by Glenn Sheffield of Tampa, Florida. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.