Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Wauwatosa in Milwaukee County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
 

Dittmar-Robertson Building

 
 
Dittmar-Robertson Building Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Paul Fehrenbach, December 6, 2011
1. Dittmar-Robertson Building Marker
Inscription.  The Dittmar-Robertson building is the oldest remaining structure of the five-point intersection of Wauwatosa’s historic village center. Erected in 1897 by a pioneer blacksmith, John F. Dittmar, it was first occupied by a hardware, plumbing and heating business. Since the Robertson family acquired the building in 1921, it has been continuously used for this same purpose.
 
Erected 1977 by Wauwatosa Landmark Commission.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1897.
 
Location. 43° 2.988′ N, 88° 0.507′ W. Marker is in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, in Milwaukee County. Marker is at the intersection of Underwood Avenue and West State Street, on the right when traveling south on Underwood Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1417 Underwood Ave, Milwaukee WI 53213, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Harts Mills (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Church Street Historic District (about 600 feet away); First Congregational Church (about 700 feet away);
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
Thomas Benjamin Hart House (approx. 0.2 miles away); “Sunnyhill Home” (approx. 0.3 miles away); First Baptist Church (approx. 0.4 miles away); Kneeland-Walker House (approx. 0.4 miles away); Charles Hart Homestead (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Wauwatosa.
 
Dittmar-Robertson Building image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Paul Fehrenbach, December 6, 2011
2. Dittmar-Robertson Building
Marker is to the right of the front door
Dittmar-Robertson Building image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Paul Fehrenbach, December 6, 2011
3. Dittmar-Robertson Building
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on May 9, 2021. It was originally submitted on December 22, 2011, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 584 times since then and 12 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on December 22, 2011, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=50840

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
U.S. FTC REQUIRED NOTICE: This website earns income from purchases you make after using links to Amazon.com. Thank you.
Paid Advertisements
Mar. 4, 2024