Folsom in Sacramento County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Folsom Pony Express Terminus
Erected 1960 by California State Park Commission -Sacramento County Historical Society-Folsom Historical Assc-Fern Parlor No.123 Native Daughters of the Golden West- Folsom Chamber of Commerce- Central Overland Pony Express Trail Assc. (Marker Number 702.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Communications • Railroads & Streetcars • Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the California Historical Landmarks, the Native Sons/Daughters of the Golden West, and the Pony Express National Historic Trail series lists. A significant historical date for this entry is July 1, 1860.
Location. 38° 40.588′ N, 121° 10.713′ W. Marker is in Folsom Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 819 Sutter Street, Folsom CA 95630, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Folsom History Museum (here, next to this marker); Wells Fargo and Company (a few steps from this marker); Sacramento Valley Railroad (within shouting distance of this marker); Site of Car/Carpenter Shop (1863) (within shouting distance of this marker); Turning Locomotives in Folsom (within shouting distance of this marker); Turning the Trains (within shouting distance of this marker); W.L. Perkins Warehouse (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); New Uses on the Rail Yard (about 300 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Folsom.
Credits. This page was last revised on February 25, 2022. It was originally submitted on February 1, 2008, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 4,154 times since then and 187 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on February 25, 2022. 2. submitted on June 1, 2013, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. 3. submitted on October 22, 2010. 4. submitted on October 3, 2014, by S B of Sacramento, California. 5, 6. submitted on February 1, 2008, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.