Pequea Township in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
The Chapel, the first Methodist Church in Lancaster County, was a frequent stopping place for circuit riders of many denominations, including itinerant Bishop Francis Asbury, "the Father of American Methodism." It thus became the merger of the German-speaking United Brethren Church & the English-speaking Methodist Church, now known as the United Methodist Church.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. In addition, it is included in the Francis Asbury, Traveling Methodist Preacher ⛪ series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1791.
Location. 39° 57.644′ N, 76° 16.155′ W. Marker is in Pequea Township, Pennsylvania, in Lancaster County. Marker can be reached from West Boehms Road 0.2 miles west of PA 272. Marker is at rear of Boehm's United Methodist Church parking Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 13 W Boehms Rd, Willow Street PA 17584, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. A different marker also named Boehm's Chapel (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); First Settlement in Lancaster County (approx. one mile away); Blacksmith Shop (approx. 1.4 miles away); Millstones (approx. 1.4 miles away); Heine Weber Smokehouse (approx. 1.4 miles away); Martin Meylin’s Gunshop (approx. 2 miles away); Herr House (approx. 2 miles away); Birthplace of the Pennsylvania Rifle (approx. 2.4 miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on January 3, 2021. It was originally submitted on February 3, 2008, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 1,297 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on February 3, 2008, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.