Jackson in Hinds County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
Erected 2007 by Mississippi Department of Archives and History.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Places. In addition, it is included in the Mississippi State Historical Marker Program series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1849.
Location. 32° 18.26′ N, 90° 10.719′ W. Marker is in Jackson, Mississippi, in Hinds County. Marker is at the intersection of High Street and North Street, on the right when traveling east on High Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Jackson MS 39201, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance Capitol Rally (approx. 0.2 miles away); First Presbyterian Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Jackson Municipal Library Sit-In (approx. 0.2 miles away); Monument to Women of the Confederacy (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Mississippi Liberty Bell (approx. ¼ mile away); U.S.S. Mississippi (approx. ¼ mile away); Galloway Memorial United Methodist Church (approx. ¼ mile away); The Eagle and Bowman Hotels (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Jackson.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on December 31, 2011, by Jeff Lovorn of Florence, Mississippi. This page has been viewed 1,322 times since then and 350 times this year. Photo 1. submitted on December 31, 2011, by Jeff Lovorn of Florence, Mississippi. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.