New Orleans in Orleans Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)
Acquired from the Gauche heirs by Patrick R. O’Brien in 1882 whose heirs owned it until 1911. Purchased in 1937, it was restored in 1938 by Matilda Geddings Gray and in 1969 by Matilda Gray Stream.
Erected 1973 by New Orleans Landmarks Commission.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings.
Location. 29° 57.787′ N, 90° 3.63′ W. Marker is in New Orleans, Louisiana, in Orleans Parish. Marker is on Royal Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1315 Royal Street, New Orleans LA 70116, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Dominique Bouligny House (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Lamothe House (about 400 feet away); Bringier – Barnett House (about 400 feet away); Denis House (about 400 feet away); New Orleans and the Domestic Slave Trade (about 400 feet away); Solomon Northup (about 500 feet away); Gallier House (about 600 feet away); Frances Benjamin Johnston House (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in New Orleans.
Credits. This page was last revised on March 12, 2017. It was originally submitted on January 4, 2012, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. This page has been viewed 806 times since then and 8 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on January 4, 2012, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.