New Orleans in Orleans Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)
Adams – Jones House
Subsequent family ownerships were Ferdinand Reusch – 1889-1921
Mrs. William Preston Johnston – 1921-1926
Woodruff George – 1926-1961
Restored 1961-62 by Mrs. Hamilton Polk Jones
Erected 1995 by New Orleans Landmarks Commission.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings.
Location. 29° 55.89′ N, 90° 4.941′ W. Marker is in New Orleans, Louisiana, in Orleans Parish. Marker is on Prytania Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2423 Prytania Street, New Orleans LA 70130, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Bradish Johnson House (within shouting distance of this marker); Edward A. Davis House (within shouting distance of this marker); Gilmour – Parker House (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Manse (about Colonel Short’s Villa (approx. 0.2 miles away); R.N. Girling’s “English Apothecary” (approx. 0.2 miles away); Brevard-Rice House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Maisonette Creole (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in New Orleans.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on January 11, 2012, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. This page has been viewed 788 times since then and 90 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on January 11, 2012, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.